Friday, September 12, 2008

New Video -- Setting up Roland TD-12

I was playing with a digital camera yesterday and while surfing around in the menu system, I came across an option called Time Lapse. I wanted to experiment with that option so I set the interval to 1 second. This meant that the camera would record one frame or so per second. All I needed to test it was something to record and preferably something that took a while.

I had just returned from the summer house and my Roland TD-12 kit was all over the floor unassembled so hey why not film the assembly of the kit? That's how I got the idea for my new video, which is not a drumming video as such -- simply a camera test, but I thought it was kinda fun, so I decided to put it on YouTube.



As already mentioned, I am considering making some instructional drumming videos containing tips, technique, and things like that. The only problem is the following list:
  • I need some more sound equipment.
  • I need an additional camera.
  • I need at least two camera stands.
Perhaps I will go country in the next video. I heard an Alan Jackson track and although the drums are pretty much the same all the way through the song, they are somewhat challenging because they must be played very precisely. They are not technically difficult to master but they can be somewhat of an endurance test.

No comments: